Business Redesign & Transformation
Processes are buzz word and widely used in today’s organizational context. However, understanding around processes continue to be a challenge despite its wide use in last two to three decades. These are:
- Management continues to overlay process organization over functional structure defeating its very purpose
- Business process redesign unable to keep pace against the fast-changing customer / market place needs making it ineffective
- Automation assumed to be panacea for all process failures which is not. Automation addresses efficiency issue but not always effectiveness issue if not consciously designed.
- Process Improvement, Process Reengineering and Transformation used interchangeably without looking at the relevance and context of what is indeed applicable.
We at Vasutti understand this dichotomy extensively, being practitioner for a long time and having
demonstrated it in numerous cases. We analyse and help organizations & businesses redesign processes based on
four distinct design principles bringing in clarity of scope and scale of intervention viz.,
- Exploitative – when there are significant gaps in existing processes to meet current requirements, this requiring Process Improvement methodology.
- Explorative – when the need for change is anticipated in advance and at times driven internally as an aspiration of higher performance, this requiring Reengineering approach.
- Analytical – when the potential of improvement exists but not apparent and is visible only from insights created through deep analytics, this requiring Reengineering approach
Transformational – When the process redesign is initiated for a very different objective of radically enhanced performance bringing into the scope all interacting and interdependent business transformation processes. There is a paradigm shift into the business process redesign factoring embedding of automation & analytics into it.
All design principles leverage intelligent automation with varying degree of implementation scope.